|Coming soon...Puffins galore|
|Guillemots will return in their thousands|
|Stunning Razorbills can be seen from late March|
Monday 11th March comments: The clock continues to tick as this weekend will see the return of the Farne Islands rangers. Despite the return, it will be a 'land locked' start as we'll be training for five days before eventually heading out on Thursday 21st March, to return for another nine months.
The islands will open to the public on Friday 29th March and will remain open every day (weather dependant) until late October. For anyone visiting, the late March/early April period can be exciting as;
- we'll welcome home our first Puffins (which have been at sea since last August!)
- our Guillemots and Razorbills rafting in spectacular numbers (50,000+ birds)
- Grey Seals basking on the rocks, taking life easy
- Our first Sandwich Terns will be reaching our shores
- and anything can happen - this is the Farnes after all!!
If that isn't enough, then just come out and say hello to the ranger team, who will just be settling back into island life. Either way, come and visit and you'll not be disappointed.